Blog


                MAN UNITED MIDFIELDER SET TO LEAVE OLD TRAFFORD THIS SUMMER

Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard is resigned to leaving the club this summer amid his poor treatment over the past 12 months, BBC Sport reports. Lingard has been a fringe player for the Red Devils this term with just 548 minutes of game time. He is expected to leave when his contract expires in June, and appears unlikely to change his stance.


Incoming boss Erik ten Hag is said to be keen on talking with him, but Lingard has made his mind up to move on, having received false promises from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ralf Rangnick this season and has set his sights on playing for another club next season,.




                     MAN UNITED REPORTEDLY SUBMIT BID TO SIGN LAZIO STAR

Manchester United have been linked with Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for a long time and the latest reports suggest that a big bid has been made. According to Il Tempo (via SW), Juventus continue to press to sign the Serbian midfielder but Man Utd have submitted a superior offer to hire his services.


Claudio Lotito obviously wants the maximum fee from the sale of the creative midfielder and Tutto Mercato Web have claimed that the Lazio president would prefer an auction to sell him abroad. The 27-year-old star’s current deal is due to expire in 2024 and the Biancocelesti value (GdS) him at around 80 million euros (£66million).




                        ERIK TEN HAG REPORTEDLY COMPLETES UNITED INTERVIEW

Manchester United may have made a breakthrough in their search for a new manager as Erik Ten Hag has reportedly been interviewed for the upcoming job in the summer. United had drawn up a potential four-man shortlist to take over on a long-term basis in the summer when Ralf Rangnick’s temporary deal expires. However, they had been urged to make a late push for Thomas Tuchel following the sanctions imposed at Chelsea.


But reports of a Chelsea raid appear wide of the mark as Ten Hag has now reportedly been interviewed by United bosses, meaning that they may have chosen their new manager. The news will come as a blow to Mauricio Pochettino, Luis Enrique and Julen Lopetegui who are also said to be in contention.




HOWE EXPLAINS HAYDEN OMISSION FROM SQUAD

Newcastle Unitedmanager Eddie Howe has explained the reason for the omission of midfielder Isaac Hayden from the 25-man Premier League squad for the rest of the season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOlsWWPWsAEiXDK.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOlsWWPWsAEiXDK.jpg

Howe explained the omission of the Arsenal Academy graduate in his pre-match press conference on Monday morning ahead of the crucial home game against Everton in the Premier League. According to him, Hayden suffered a long-term knee injury in December and that played a big part in his exclusion from the Premier League squad for the second half of the current season. His spot in the team has been taken by fellow midfielder Bruno Guimares who arrived at the club officially just before the winter transfer window closed last week. The Magpies paid an initial fee of €40m plus €8m in add-ons to sign the Brazil international from Lyon in the French Ligue 1.




CARRICK CONFIRMED FOR HUGE CHELSEA GAME

Michael Carrick is set to be in charge of the Manchester United team for the huge Chelsea clash in the Premier League this weekend. According to Sky Sports, Carrick will be in the Manchester United dugout for theChelsea game as the search for a manager gathers pace.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFCUtUYXsAg5dw1.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFCUtUYXsAg5dw1.jpg

Manchester United are without a manager at the moment after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked last weekend on the back of a wretched run of league results. The Norwegian lost his job after a run of five defeats in the last seven matches and four defeats in the last five matches. Following the dismissal of the former club striker, Carrick was made the caretaker manager. Carrick was one of the assistant managersunder Solskjaer.




10-MAN UNITED STUNNNED BY YOUNG BOYS

Manchester United began the new Champions League campaign on a disappointing note after they were beaten by Swiss champions Young Boys in their Group F opener thanks to the late goal from American striker Theoson-Jordan Siebatcheu.The hosts were able to make their numerical advantage count via a 2-1 win on a historic night.


Cristiano Ronaldo was a big signing for Manchester United just before the transfer window ended at the end of last month as the clubmanaged to secure his return after several years. The Portuguese international moved back to Manchester United twelve (12) years after leaving the club for Spanish team Real Madrid for a big transfer fee in 2009. He left the Red Devils after six years to join Real Madrid.




ASTON VILLA WANT TO SIGN JUVENTUS STAR IN JANUARY

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9GzinQVUAEir_R.jpg

The summer transfer window may have come to an end but it has not stopped clubs from making their plans ahead of the winter transfer window in January. While a lot of clubs got their prime targets this summer and are currently not planning to involve in any business whatsoever (except for possible departures) in January, others have continued to keep close tabs on the possible players that they are willing to sign come the January winter transfer window. One of the club’s that had themselves a decent summer transfer window is English Premier League outfit Aston Villa. After an interesting transfer window that saw them lose their star player Jack Grealish and sign a couple of new faces, they want more.

According to reports from the Daily Sun, the Villans are keeping very close tabs on Juventus youngster Weston McKennie and are keen on signing the young attacker in January. Villa submitted an offer for the player to Juventus but the Italian Serie A giants rebuffed the opening bid as they insisted that the player was a very important part of manager Masimiliano Allegri’s squad for the season. However, things look to have changed a little and it looks lilt they might be willing to listen to offers after all.




CELTIC CONFIRM THEY HAVE SIGNED HART ON A PERMANENT DEAL

Scottish Premiership giants Celtic have confirmed that they have completed the signing of former Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart from Tottenham Hotspur. Hart joined Spurs under Jose Mourinho some months ago and was signed as a backup goalkeeper to Hugo but was not able to prove himself as a befitting candidate at the club. He joined the London club after being released by Burnley at the end of the 2019-20 Premier League season and was out of a job until he was offered one at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. Mourinho revealed after his unveiling that Hart is a professional and his wealth of experience is a major reason why they agreed to sign him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E74CQQfXMAom5hA.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E74CQQfXMAom5hA.jpg

Hart trained with the first team on several occasions but was unable to displace Lloris as the club’s number one goalie so after Mourinho’s departure, it was only normal for Spurs to allow him to leave the club. After selling him to Celtic, the new Tottenham manager asked the club to open talks with Italian Serie A side Atalanta their goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini as they looked to replace him with someone seemingly better than the former England international shot-stopper.